- I keep reading that setting powder is very important for long-lasting make-up!! but I never really thought it would make much of a difference on my oily skin. Good thing I impulse-shopped one day and bought this awesome, awesome product!I bought this on a whim mostly because at the Fisher Mall department store, Cinema Secrets had a secret freebie for purchases of a certain amount. I was excited because I thought, “OMG the freebie’s also gonna be a cosmetics products!”, but it turned out to be dental stuff like mouthwash. Meh. However, I am still so very glad that I bought this.Advertisements
- Going without lipstick makes me feel bare. That’s why it always infuriates me when my lipstick rubs off, or worse, when the center of my lips go bare and I’m left with a horrible red ring on the edges. This is what drove me to buy a lip liner on a whim.
Revlon Colorstay Lip Liner in RoseAdvertisements
- Since my Max Factor mascara wasn’t working out, I decided that I needed to do a lot of research before purchasing my next one. CoverGirl seems to have lots of positive reviews about their mascaras, so I decided to try the classic LashBlast but in a waterproof formula for my oily lids.Advertisements
- With my oily skin plus the sweltering Manila heat, I’ve read that primers are a must-have to keep foundation in place. I had resigned myself to the thought that I’ll have to splurge on a Smashbox primer, but thanks to Makeup Alley, I discovered a far cheaper dupe.
Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-GelUgh, I am sick of all the embarrassment that comes from using Monistat. So what if a product you usually use on yeast infections can be used on your face? If it works, then it’s awesome! Besides, what’s the big deal about needing medicine for your hoo-ha. Yeast infections are nowhere near a rare occurrence.Whew. Now that rant is out of the way, let’s take a look at the thing:Advertisements
- This product was part of the promo that Max Factor had last year. For around PHP1500, you get a lip pencil, a foundation, and this mascara along with an MF pouch. Of all those products, the only one I liked is the goshdarn pouch. Seriously.This post is the last of my Max Factor hit list, as I am no longer planning on buying another MF product again (except for a lipstick.)
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Volume Mascara in Rich BlackAs with all MF products, the packaging is classy and sophisticated: a black tube with thin, metallic blue writing. It’s nice that they included a PAO date on the label, too.Advertisements
- Every beauty buff says that eyebrows are key to a polished look. I never really believed them — all I do with my brows is the very occasional threading, and leave ’em be. That was until I saw my friend Ava, who had wonderfully defined brows, and I said to myself, “Damn, I WANT THAT SO BAD.” And that was when I decided to pick up a cheap but effective eyebrow kit.
e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in DarkI was always wary of e.l.f. products. Like, they’re so affordable—how good can they be, really? When I saw the rave reviews for this products, I was like, “Okay, it’s cheap enough to take the risk. I’ll give it a shot.” And god bless me, it has been totally worth it.Advertisements
- When I started running out of Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation, I went shopping for a new one. I wasn’t asking for much – I just wanted a foundation that controls my oil. Is that so hard?Apparently, it is. 🙁
Max Factor Smooth Effect Foundation in Sand 60It comes in a plastic tube but it doesn’t look cheap. The design is sophisticated and sleek. To get the product out, you just have to squeeze and control the amount. No wastage here! Also very travel-friendly.Advertisements
- It’s a lip liner! It’s a lipstick! No, it’s a Giant Pen Stick!I picked this up a few months ago while I was shopping for foundation. For around PhP1500, Max Factor sold this, a tube of 2000 Caloria mascara, and a bottle of Smooth Effects foundation. Wait for my subsequent posts for the other reviews 🙂
Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick in Deep Burgundy
The entire thing is basically a fat traditional lip liner, meaning there’s no twisting mechanism to get the product. Boo! I had to buy a sharpener separately. Tip: Before sharpening this, pop it in the fridge for a few hours to make it harder and make it less susceptible to be squashed in the sharpener.Advertisements
- True story: when I couldn’t afford buying this just yet, I just went to drugstores and used the tester tube because I could not resist not having this lovely color on my lips.
Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry PieFirst things first. Packaging.The entire Lip Butters line is so cute. I love everything about the packaging, from the quilted design to the square tubes! A+When they say Lip Butter, they frigging mean butter. Seriously, it was so rich that you had no doubt it’ll moisturize the hell out of your lips. It’s so creamy that it’s kinda hard to apply without lip liner and/or a lip brush, lest it bleeds around your mouth. Plus, the soft texture might mean it’ll smoosh in the tube in hot temperatures.Advertisements
- When I was in college, I didn’t exactly primp. I put on very sheer foundation, a lipstick, and powder, and I was out the door. The whole thing took 5 minutes, tops. I hardly touched-up my powder and lipstick, and so I was usually running around Manila with a shiny face and chapped lips.Believe it or not, I actually had reasons behind that:
- Why bother putting on a full face of make-up when the Manila heat and humidity would just melt it all off in two minutes?
- Make-up is expensive. My student allowance was strictly budgeted for transportation, food, beer, and the occasional book. I did not see the sense in buying a 500-peso lipstick when I could have used that money for a Chuck Palahniuk novel.
- Applying make-up takes time. Back then, I was always running late, so painting my face was the last thing on my mind if I wanted to avoid an FA (Failure due to Absences) on my transcript.